|By Business Wire||
|May 29, 2014 02:32 PM EDT||
WSO2 today announced the guest speakers for WSO2Con Europe 2014. Featured keynote presenters from Cisco, Redmonk and SUSE will be joined by several guest speakers representing enterprise customers and third-party solution providers. Together, they will look at the market forces, technology developments, and best practices moving organizations to become connected businesses.
WSO2’s sixth user conference will be held June 16-18, 2014 at Hotel Rey Juan Carlos in Barcelona, Spain. In addition to the keynotes and guest presentations, the three-day event also features several other technical sessions and tutorials aimed at solving IT professionals’ enterprise integration and management issues. For more information, visit http://eu14.wso2con.com.
Keynotes Will Capture Enterprise’s Evolution Toward a Connected Business
A confluence of technology developments, including the cloud, mobile, APIs, social media and open source, is enabling enterprises to create new connections across employees, customers and partners. The connected businesses that capitalize on these technologies are gaining a competitive edge through new models of agility, business collaboration, monetization and efficiency. WSO2Con Europe 2014 is focused on empowering enterprises with the technology and implementation insights to succeed in the era of the connected business. Details of the full agenda are available at http://eu14.wso2con.com/agenda.
At WSO2Con Europe 2014, keynote presenters will explore the emerging technologies that are enabling the connected business, presenting key concepts around the application of technology to build a lean and agile connected business environment. They include:
- Luca Martini, Cisco Distinguished Engineer leads the Cisco virtualization strategy in two major areas: mobility and home broadband access. He has been involved in the Internet engineering task force (IETF) for the past 15 years, contributing to many IETF standards. Luca will discuss the role of intelligent orchestration and how it is more than simply a Web services engine.
- James Governor, Redmonk Founder and Principal Analyst, leads coverage in the enterprise applications space, assisting with application development, integration middleware and systems management issues. He also has served as an industry expert for television and radio segments with media, such as the BBC. James will examine how open source middleware contributes to the connected business.
- Alan Clark, SUSE Director of Industry Initiatives, Emerging Standards and Open Source, also serves as the chairman of the board at OpenStack. Alan has developed a reputation in fostering the creation, growth, awareness and adoption of open source and open standards across the technology sector. He will explore the evolution of open source cloud platforms in enabling the connected business.
Guest Speakers Highlight Key Priorities of the Connected Enterprise
Joining the keynote presenters at WSO2Con Europe 2014 will be guest speakers who represent some of the world’s leading technology innovators across a broad cross section of markets. These experts: customers, systems integrators, and other third-party solution providers, will present case studies and key concepts around the practical application of technologies to accelerate development and support a connected business model. Featured guest presenters and topics are:
- Case Study: How one of the largest grid management companies uses the complete WSO2 stack to provide a single platform for development of services, Daniël Palstra, Yenlo
- Case Study: Glue Your SaaS Applications Together Using WSO2, Yann Le Blevec PhD, Smartwave SA
- Case Study: CSI Ecosystem Using WSO2 Technology, Fabrizio Barbero, Director of Integration, CSI-Piemonte
- Creating a Master Data Management Solution with WSO2 Products, Giuseppe Bertone, Solution Architect, AlmavivA S.p.A.
- Case Study: redBorder’s Horama CEP Engine, Jaime Nebrera, ENEO Tecnologia
- Case Study: How WSO2 supports Deutsche Telekom implementing an eCare platform including an intelligent emergency call system, Sven-juergen Laemke, T-Systems International GmbH
- Transforming the Business: Building a Next-Generation Big Data Processing Platform, Phil Smith, CIO, Transactis
- Case Study: SOA ‘a-la Russe’, Alexey Smirnov, Head of Integration Solutions Practice, CROC Inc.
- Case Study: How WSO2 Helps Small and Medium Enterprises Adopt SOA, Cyril Rognon, CTO, Emoxa
- Case Study: WSO2 in Social Protection Context, Gabriel Popa, Independent Consultant, Iello-Dev srl
- Case Study: Building a state-of-the-art personal identity management platform with SOA and WSO2, Nestor Fernandez, Barcelona Digital Technology Centre
Complementing the guest presentations will be a series of sessions and in-depth tutorials delivered by leading technical experts at WSO2, who have contributed to many of today’s service-oriented architecture (SOA), XML and open source standards. Additionally, WSO2 architects and developers will deliver sessions and tutorials on enabling technologies and best practices for implementing SOAs, mobile solutions, cloud deployments, API management, security, mediation, business processes, and more.
Sponsors to Highlight Complementary Solutions and Services
In addition to the conference sessions, attendees at WSO2Con Europe 2014 will have an opportunity to learn about complementary technologies, solutions and services from the events’ sponsors.
- GFI, a Gold Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, is one of the leading IT service firms in France and Southern Europe, providing its customers with expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing and software solutions.
- SUSE, a Gold Sponsor and WSO2 Strategic Alliance Partner, is a pioneer in open source software, providing reliable, interoperable Linux and cloud infrastructure solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility, based on more than 20 years of engineering excellence.
- Yenlo, a Gold Sponsor and WSO2 Strategic Alliance Partner, is Dutch-based software development and consulting company with in-depth architectural knowledge in the areas of service-oriented computing, business process management and cloud computing.
- Chakray, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, has more than 15 years of experience in technology consulting, creating complex system architectures for critical systems using open source technologies.
- TCP, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, has offices in Spain and Brazil, and is a leader in delivering agile business process management, SOA, complex event processing (CEP), Business activity monitoring (BAM), open source, quality assurance (QA), and mobile solutions.
- Wipro Technologies, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, is the global IT business of Wipro Limited (NYSE:WIT). A leading information technology, consulting and outsourcing company recognized globally, it has over 130,000 employees and clients across 54 countries.
- Codenvy, a Bronze Sponsor, delivers a continuous development cloud, directly integrated and supported within WSO2 App Cloud and WSO2 App Factory, that improves velocity and control by making developer environments instant, extensible and controllable.
- Emoxa, a Bronze Sponsor headquartered in France, provides assistance in the transformation of its European clients’ IT systems to support an environment where businesses are evolving continuously.
WSO2 delivers on the promise of the connected business with the only completely integrated enterprise platform that enables businesses to build, integrate and manage their APIs, applications, and Web services on-premises, in the cloud, and on mobile devices. Leading enterprise customers worldwide rely on WSO2’s award-winning 100% open source platform and its robust governance and DevOps functionality for their mission-critical applications. Today, these businesses represent nearly every sector: health, financial, retail, logistics, manufacturing, travel, technology, telecom and more. Visit http://wso2.com to learn more, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Jan. 18, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 3,993
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT depl...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,819
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at Dell EMC, introduced a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organization...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 3,215
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 4,202
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 4,890
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 6,045
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,259
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:00 PM EST Reads: 636
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 PM EST Reads: 747
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal ...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 PM EST Reads: 2,373
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 17, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 7,566
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Jan. 17, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 11,649
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 17, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 6,232
Providing secure, mobile access to sensitive data sets is a critical element in realizing the full potential of cloud computing. However, large data caches remain inaccessible to edge devices for reasons of security, size, format or limited viewing capabilities. Medical imaging, computer aided design and seismic interpretation are just a few examples of industries facing this challenge. Rather than fighting for incremental gains by pulling these datasets to edge devices, we need to embrace the i...
Jan. 17, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,573
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 17, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,057
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walked through how Octob...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 2,911
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Jan. 17, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,992
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,749
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,644
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Jan. 17, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,384