|By Business Wire||
|January 6, 2014 09:06 AM EST||
Digital Living Network Alliance:
The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA®) will be represented by nearly 100 member companies at International CES 2014, many of whom will be showing DLNA Certified® products. To date, more than two billion DLNA Certified products have been sold that enable consumers to access and share content in the home from a wide range of sources. Recently, DLNA enabled users to have this same seamless, unified content-sharing experience from their pay TV service providers when playing high quality content. Planned demonstrations at CES include:
- CVP-2 Subscription Pay TV Content-Sharing Demonstrations – The following companies will be showing demonstration platforms for industry product design guidelines that DLNA expects to release in 2014. These guidelines will enable users to seamlessly and easily share subscription pay TV content on multiple screens in their homes.
- Access: Access’s Studio Confident Media sharing, based on CVP-2, will be demonstrated on various chipsets including high performance HTML5 Remote User Interface. Demonstrations will take place in the company’s suite at the Bellagio Hotel.
- ARM Ltd.: ARM is a strong supporter for standards-based middleware using HTML5, and therefore a strong advocate for DLNA CVP-2. As part of their CES 2014 demonstration, they will be showing a DLNA CVP-2 HTML5 RUI stack rendering various Operator Remote-User Interfaces on one of the latest ARM big.LITTLE™ high-performance, low-power mobile SoCs. ARM demonstrations will be located at South Hall 2 MP25144 of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- AwoX: AwoX will demonstrate its AwoX Striim Server and Client software development kits, supporting CVP-2. AwoX SDKs are available for set top boxes, TVs, and mobile platforms. AwoX demonstrations will be located at the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall 3 31658.
- Broadcom: Broadcom solutions include a CVP-2 client reference design and a CVP-2 server reference design using Broadcom SoCs and Broadcom-developed Nexus-Trellis set top box software, designed to support popular middleware solutions, including the new Open Source-based Reference Development Kit (RDK), for rapid porting and software development. Demonstrations by appointment only.
- JetHead Development, Inc.: JetHead will show the Cox Trio-web CVP-2 server application connecting to the JetHead CVP-2 client software running on a set top box. JetHead will offer to the market an easily portable CVP-2 stack, targeting set top boxes, Smart TVs and game consoles. JetHead demonstrations will be located at the Las Vegas Convention Center’s South Hall 2, MP25472.
- DLNA Certified Product Demonstrations – The following companies will be showing commercially available products supporting DLNA’s proven and widely adopted Networked Device Interoperability Guidelines, which enable interoperability between networked entertainment and media devices for personal media uses that involve images, audio and video:
- AwoX: AwoX will demonstrate the AwoX StriimLight Wi-Fi, an LED lamp with an integrated speaker that seamlessly adds digital audio into any room. AwoX StriimLight Wi-Fi is a CES Innovation Award Honoree and includes a DLNA renderer that allows any tablet or smartphone to play music. AwoX demonstrations will be located at the Las Vegas Convention Center’s South Hall 3 31658.
- SiliconDust: SiliconDust’s DLNA Certified products will be demonstrated in the company’s suite at the Las Vegas Hotel, East Tower, Napa Suite 2866.
- ViXS Systems Inc.: ViXS will demonstrate DLNA Certified products using its XCode SoC chipset at South Hall 2 MP25953 in the Las Vegas Convention Center.
WHEN: Tuesday, January 7, 2014, through Friday, January 10, 2014.
WHERE: International CES 2014, Las Vegas Convention Center
CONTACT: Katie Gengler, Digital Living Network Alliance, (503) 908-1121
The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a technology standards organization driven to build industry consensus to advance the interoperability of products in consumers’ connected homes. Founded in 2003 with a current membership of more than 250 companies, this unique multi-industry collaboration continues to implement an innovative set of guidelines utilized by service providers, electronics manufacturers, and software developers to provide consistent performance in a connected home environment. Consumers can share and enjoy personal and premium content, regardless of manufacturer, on a wide variety of products including mobile devices, PCs, set top boxes, AV receivers, game consoles, TVs and more. DLNA has also created a robust certification program which tests and verifies the interoperability of products built to its standards, ensuring consumers that devices branded with the DLNA Certified® mark will successfully connect and exchange content. Additional information about the Alliance is available at www.dlna.org. Find DLNA on Facebook at facebook.com/dlnacertified or on Twitter @DLNA.
DLNA's leading member companies include ACCESS, ARRIS, AT&T, AwoX, Broadcom, CableLabs, Cisco, Comcast, DIRECTV, Dolby Laboratories, DTS, Google, Huawei, Intel, LG, Microsoft, Nokia, Panasonic, Qualcomm, Samsung, Sony, Technicolor, Time Warner Cable and Verizon.
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jul. 28, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,313
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,636
Large scale deployments present unique planning challenges, system commissioning hurdles between IT and OT and demand careful system hand-off orchestration. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Smith, Senior Director and a founding member of Incenergy, will discuss some of the key tactics to ensure delivery success based on his experience of the last two years deploying Industrial IoT systems across four continents.
Jul. 28, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,620
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 28, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,544
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device.
Jul. 28, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,402
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jul. 28, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,057
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, explained how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Jul. 28, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,109
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Jul. 28, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 854
“delaPlex Software provides software outsourcing services. We have a hybrid model where we have onshore developers and project managers that we can place anywhere in the U.S. or in Europe,” explained Manish Sachdeva, CEO at delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,627
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,412
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 27, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,676
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 27, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,012
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 27, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,040
We all know the latest numbers: Gartner, Inc. forecasts that 6.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2016, up 30 percent from last year, and will reach 20.8 billion by 2020. We're rapidly approaching a data production of 40 zettabytes a day – more than we can every physically store, and exabytes and yottabytes are just around the corner. For many that’s a good sign, as data has been proven to equal money – IF it’s ingested, integrated, and analyzed fast enough. Without real-ti...
Jul. 27, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,119
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 27, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,075
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Jul. 27, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,193
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 27, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,886
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it ...
Jul. 27, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 228
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 27, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,155
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,747