|By Business Wire||
|January 6, 2014 09:06 AM EST||
Digital Living Network Alliance:
The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA®) will be represented by nearly 100 member companies at International CES 2014, many of whom will be showing DLNA Certified® products. To date, more than two billion DLNA Certified products have been sold that enable consumers to access and share content in the home from a wide range of sources. Recently, DLNA enabled users to have this same seamless, unified content-sharing experience from their pay TV service providers when playing high quality content. Planned demonstrations at CES include:
- CVP-2 Subscription Pay TV Content-Sharing Demonstrations – The following companies will be showing demonstration platforms for industry product design guidelines that DLNA expects to release in 2014. These guidelines will enable users to seamlessly and easily share subscription pay TV content on multiple screens in their homes.
- Access: Access’s Studio Confident Media sharing, based on CVP-2, will be demonstrated on various chipsets including high performance HTML5 Remote User Interface. Demonstrations will take place in the company’s suite at the Bellagio Hotel.
- ARM Ltd.: ARM is a strong supporter for standards-based middleware using HTML5, and therefore a strong advocate for DLNA CVP-2. As part of their CES 2014 demonstration, they will be showing a DLNA CVP-2 HTML5 RUI stack rendering various Operator Remote-User Interfaces on one of the latest ARM big.LITTLE™ high-performance, low-power mobile SoCs. ARM demonstrations will be located at South Hall 2 MP25144 of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- AwoX: AwoX will demonstrate its AwoX Striim Server and Client software development kits, supporting CVP-2. AwoX SDKs are available for set top boxes, TVs, and mobile platforms. AwoX demonstrations will be located at the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall 3 31658.
- Broadcom: Broadcom solutions include a CVP-2 client reference design and a CVP-2 server reference design using Broadcom SoCs and Broadcom-developed Nexus-Trellis set top box software, designed to support popular middleware solutions, including the new Open Source-based Reference Development Kit (RDK), for rapid porting and software development. Demonstrations by appointment only.
- JetHead Development, Inc.: JetHead will show the Cox Trio-web CVP-2 server application connecting to the JetHead CVP-2 client software running on a set top box. JetHead will offer to the market an easily portable CVP-2 stack, targeting set top boxes, Smart TVs and game consoles. JetHead demonstrations will be located at the Las Vegas Convention Center’s South Hall 2, MP25472.
- DLNA Certified Product Demonstrations – The following companies will be showing commercially available products supporting DLNA’s proven and widely adopted Networked Device Interoperability Guidelines, which enable interoperability between networked entertainment and media devices for personal media uses that involve images, audio and video:
- AwoX: AwoX will demonstrate the AwoX StriimLight Wi-Fi, an LED lamp with an integrated speaker that seamlessly adds digital audio into any room. AwoX StriimLight Wi-Fi is a CES Innovation Award Honoree and includes a DLNA renderer that allows any tablet or smartphone to play music. AwoX demonstrations will be located at the Las Vegas Convention Center’s South Hall 3 31658.
- SiliconDust: SiliconDust’s DLNA Certified products will be demonstrated in the company’s suite at the Las Vegas Hotel, East Tower, Napa Suite 2866.
- ViXS Systems Inc.: ViXS will demonstrate DLNA Certified products using its XCode SoC chipset at South Hall 2 MP25953 in the Las Vegas Convention Center.
WHEN: Tuesday, January 7, 2014, through Friday, January 10, 2014.
WHERE: International CES 2014, Las Vegas Convention Center
CONTACT: Katie Gengler, Digital Living Network Alliance, (503) 908-1121
The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a technology standards organization driven to build industry consensus to advance the interoperability of products in consumers’ connected homes. Founded in 2003 with a current membership of more than 250 companies, this unique multi-industry collaboration continues to implement an innovative set of guidelines utilized by service providers, electronics manufacturers, and software developers to provide consistent performance in a connected home environment. Consumers can share and enjoy personal and premium content, regardless of manufacturer, on a wide variety of products including mobile devices, PCs, set top boxes, AV receivers, game consoles, TVs and more. DLNA has also created a robust certification program which tests and verifies the interoperability of products built to its standards, ensuring consumers that devices branded with the DLNA Certified® mark will successfully connect and exchange content. Additional information about the Alliance is available at www.dlna.org. Find DLNA on Facebook at facebook.com/dlnacertified or on Twitter @DLNA.
DLNA's leading member companies include ACCESS, ARRIS, AT&T, AwoX, Broadcom, CableLabs, Cisco, Comcast, DIRECTV, Dolby Laboratories, DTS, Google, Huawei, Intel, LG, Microsoft, Nokia, Panasonic, Qualcomm, Samsung, Sony, Technicolor, Time Warner Cable and Verizon.
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 21, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,135
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 21, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,226
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,539
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 881
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 21, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,147
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Feb. 21, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,752
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Feb. 21, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 2,298
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Feb. 21, 2017 04:00 PM EST Reads: 6,886
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 21, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 809
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 21, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 4,515
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 21, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 5,971
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 21, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,357
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 21, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 557
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 571
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry’s single source for the cloud. Fusion’s advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,607
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Academy will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloud Academy is the industry’s most innovative, vendor-neutral cloud technology training platform. Cloud Academy provides continuous learning solutions for individuals and enterprise teams for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and the most popular cloud computing technologies. Ge...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,145
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life settle...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 829
SYS-CON Events announced today that Outlyer, a monitoring service for DevOps and operations teams, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Outlyer is a monitoring service for DevOps and Operations teams running Cloud, SaaS, Microservices and IoT deployments. Designed for today's dynamic environments that need beyond cloud-scale monitoring, we make monitoring effortless so you...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,287
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Feb. 21, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,457
With 10 simultaneous tracks, keynotes, general sessions and targeted breakout classes, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo are two of the most important technology events of the year. Since its launch over eight years ago, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo have presented a rock star faculty as well as showcased hundreds of sponsors and exhibitors! In this blog post, I provide 7 tips on how, as part of our world-class faculty, you can deliver one of the most popular sessions at our events. But before reading the...
Feb. 21, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 8,017