|By Business Wire||
|September 5, 2013 03:30 PM EDT||
WSO2 today announced that it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the “Visionaries” quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Application Services Governance1, which was published on August 8, 2013. The new Gartner report looks at providers in the application services governance space offering solutions on-premises and in the cloud to support users’ API management and service-oriented architecture (SOA) governance efforts.
The Magic Quadrant for Application Services Governance2 report observes, “Whether it is technology or service providers offering their functionality, or private companies giving access to some of their data according to different charging models, the number of APIs available publicly grows by the day. Their usage is multiplied by a growing population of mobile devices and computing platforms (Web, tablets, smartphones, TVs, video game consoles, cars and more, such as the Internet of Things).” The report continues, “The design, implementation, publication, operation, maintenance and retirement of those APIs and services need to be governed and managed carefully, which is what ‘application services governance’ does.”
“It became clear to us that API management was not just central to application governance, but also the last critical piece in delivering on the SOA promise. This was the catalyst for creating the 100% open source WSO2 API Manager, which works in concert with our WSO2 Governance Registry, other cloud-enabled, multi-tenant products in our WSO2 Carbon enterprise middleware platform, and our WSO2 App Factory cloud-enabled DevOps platform,” said Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO. “We are honored to be positioned in the ‘Visionaries’ quadrant by Gartner. We view it as validation of our commitment to delivering modular, fully integrated, and 100% open source solutions for the demands of today’s enterprises whether their applications reside on servers or in the cloud.”
WSO2 Integrated Platform for On-Premises and the Cloud
WSO2 provides the only integrated middleware that enables enterprises to seamlessly migrate their APIs, Web applications and services between on-premises, cloud, and hybrid cloud environments as needed.
Built on the OSGi specification, WSO2 Carbon is the industry’s first fully componentized middleware platform for creating, running and managing composite applications and Web services within an SOA and cloud environment. For example, WSO2 API Manager incorporates components from WSO2 Governance Registry and from WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), which is enabling one major online retailer to process more than 1 billion API transactions per day. WSO2 Carbon also lets developers easily deploy and customize any of more than a dozen WSO2 Carbon-based middleware products, and the 175-plus components on which they are comprised, providing greater flexibility and agility to meet changing enterprise demands.
The cloud-ready, fully multi-tenant WSO2 Carbon middleware products run directly on servers or as virtual machines, and they are available as part of WSO2 Stratos, the industry’s most complete, open enterprise-grade platform as a service (PaaS).
WSO2 App Factory provides an open source, open standards approach to cloud-enabled enterprise DevOps that enables continuous cloud delivery. It is built on—and integrates with—the award-winning 100% open source WSO2 Carbon enterprise middleware platform and WSO2 Stratos PaaS. A shared, self-service, multi-tenant and elastic enterprise DevOps platform, WSO2 App Factory empowers teams to collaboratively create, develop and deploy enterprise applications into cloud environments—without the delay of server provisioning.
WSO2 offers a range of service and support options for WSO2 Carbon and WSO2 Stratos. These include evaluation support, special QuickStartSM consulting programs, development support, and production support. All WSO2 middleware products are fully open source solutions released under the Apache License 2.0; they do not carry any licensing fees.
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.
1Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Application Services
Governance,” by Paolo Malinverno, Daryl C. Plummer, and Gordon Van
Huizen, August 8, 2013.
2Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Application Services Governance,” August 8, 2013.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- Jeremy Allaire Launches Circle Internet Financial With $9 Million Series A from Jim Breyer, Accel Partners & General Catalyst Partners
- The CTOvision Big Data Top Enterprise Tech List: The most important data technologies to accelerate into your infrastructure
- Analyst One Announces Top Analytical Technologies List
- AppliedMicro Announces General Availability of Its X-Gene System Development Kit for ARM 64-Bit Platforms
- Cisco Pioneers Real-Time Application Delivery in Global Data Centers and Clouds to Enable Greater Business Agility
- Enterprise Cloud Computing: Dallas – January 23 – 24, 2014
- Pivotal Opens Innovation Centre to Help Drive New Business Value for Enterprises
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Financial Results, New Appointments, and General Meetings - Research Report on Red Hat, Yelp, Sierra Wireless, Infinera, and Bitauto
- Column Store, In-Memory, MPP Databases and Oracle
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- Open Server Summit Reports Doubling of Registration
- Drupal 8: A View into Performance
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Book Review: Java Coding Guidelines
- Introducing Fire OS 3.0 “Mojito”
- Java Developer's Journal Exclusive: 2006 "JDJ Editors' Choice" Awards
- The i-Technology Right Stuff
- Creating Web Applications with the Eclipse Web Tools Project
- Eclipse Special: Remote Debugging Tomcat & JBoss Apps with Eclipse
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Next Programming Models, RIAs and Composite Applications
- SYS-CON Webcast: Eclipse IDE for Students, Useful Eclipse Tips & Tricks
- How to Bring Eclipse 3.1, J2SE 5.0, and Tomcat 5.0 Together
- Eclipse: The Story of Web Tools Platform 0.7
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- "Eclipse 3.0 is a Great Leap Forward," Says JDJ's Dudney
- Exclusive Q&A with Mike Milinkovich, Eclipse Foundation