|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 09:01 AM EST||
ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Delivering the future of business analytics, Pentaho Corporation today announced several leading industry analyst firms have recognized Pentaho's complete data integration and business analytics platform as one of the most comprehensive and high-performing solutions available today.
Pentaho Business Analytics, which includes the industry's first instant big data discovery application, unifies data integration and business analytics capabilities into a single modern, highly-embeddable platform.
Comprehensive research carried out by leading analyst firms found Pentaho Business Analytics to excel in total cost of ownership (TCO), return on investment (ROI), robust functionality, agility and overall performance for big data, OEM and enterprise users. In-depth analysis on Pentaho Business Analytics appears in the following reports:
- Nucleus Research Analytics Technology Value Matrix, Second Half 2012;
- Gleanster Gleansight Agile Business Intelligence Q4 2012;
- Ventana Research 2012 Leadership Awards, Social Media Winner – BeachMint
- Ventana Research Value Index – Business Intelligence – 2012;
- Montclair Advisors 2012 Global SaaS Top 250;
- BARC Research BI Survey 2012.
"The demand for more interactive, nimble and instant analysis is accelerating as enterprises and OEMs push to turn large amounts of varied types of data into smarter, more effective business decisions," said Rosanne Saccone, chief marketing officer at Pentaho Corporation. "Pentaho Business Analytics meets this growing need and solves the challenge of how to quickly and easily access and analyze ever-escalating volumes of data. We continue to receive industry accolades and achieve customer success because of our unified, comprehensive data integration and business analytics platform."
Analyst Report Highlights:
- Pentaho is cited as an "Expert" in Nucleus Research's Analytics Technology Value Matrix report for deep investments in its comprehensive, sophisticated business analytics functionalities. Nucleus also noted that Pentaho's business analytics platform has provided proven value as a software provider for a Nucleus Research 2012 ROI Award. The report evaluates vendors that answer the market's growing demand for more frequent analytics input, increased insight from external data sources, improved guidance and accelerated business decisions. The Value Matrix assesses solutions that provide both usable and functional solutions in four core analytics areas: business intelligence (BI), performance management (PM), predictive analytics, and big data.
- Gleanster's recent Gleansight benchmark report titled, "Agile Business Intelligence (BI)," is a comprehensive look at how more than 300 top performers are using Agile BI to enable continuous, iterative, on-demand reporting, empower non-IT professionals with data access and drive faster, smarter business decisions. According to the report's authors Research Director Jeff Zabin and Principal Analyst Tim O'Brien, "Pentaho's BI solutions have received widespread accolades for their ability to enable agile decision-making. Pentaho's flexible deployment options make the solution a good fit for organizations of all sizes and in varying environments."
- Pentaho customer BeachMint, a forward-thinking online retailer, won the Ventana Research 2012 Leadership Award in the social media category for its innovative use of Facebook and Twitter data for operational advantage. BeachMint uses Pentaho to help keep close tabs on its large Facebook and Twitter communities, tracking data such as fans, likes, favorites, customer product reviews and comments to improve marketing campaign effectiveness. Read about the company's success with Pentaho at: BeachMint's Big Data Deployment a Breeze with Pentaho.
- Ranked in the top category, Ventana Research's Business Intelligence Value Index named Pentaho a "Hot Vendor," excelling in the customer assurance grid for vendor validation, total cost of ownership and return on investment. Using the Ventana Research Value Index for Business Intelligence 2012, IT organizations evaluate business intelligence software offerings more rapidly and accurately, allowing buyers to make choices based on a deeper understanding of how these offerings can address their specific requirements.
- Montclair Advisors recognized Pentaho as a member of the 2012 global SaaS Top 250 company listing. Pentaho was selected for being a leader in the pure and hybrid SaaS categories globally, joining other notable public SaaS firms such as Salesforce.com, Netsuite and Workday. "Pentaho, like all 2012 SaaS 250 companies, has excelled in developing innovative products which has resulted in their spectacular growth over the past few years," said Kevin Dobbs, Managing Partner at Montclair Advisors. "Montclair Advisors congratulates Pentaho for its remarkable SaaS achievements."
- Pentaho came in first in BARC Research's BI Survey 2012 among the OLAP Analysis vendors peer group in three categories: user recommendation, proportion of employees index, and cloud BI. With nearly 3,000 responses, BARC Research's report is the world's largest independent survey of BI users. In the pinnacle category "recommendation," Pentaho ranked first not only among OLAP Analysis vendors, but also among SME project vendors, showing that its customers across many different industries are happy with Pentaho Business Analytics and would recommend it to other users.
- Try Pentaho Business Analytics now - experience the power of Pentaho Business Analytics today.
- Join the conversation – follow @Pentaho, read our blog, join our LinkedIn and Facebook groups.
About Pentaho Corporation
Pentaho is delivering the future of big data business analytics. Pentaho's open source heritage drives our continued innovation in a modern, integrated, embeddable platform built for the future of analytics, including diverse and big data requirements. Pentaho is the only vendor that provides a full big data analytics solution that supports the entire big data analytics process, from data integration through interactive data visualization, exploration and predictive analytics. Pentaho natively supports Apache Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB as well as high performance analytic databases like Greenplum and Vertica, among other big data sources. Learn more and download for free at pentahobigdata.com/download.
SOURCE Pentaho Corporation
The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn® open source IoT framework, today announced that the two organizations’ boards have approved a merger under the OCF name and bylaws. This merger will advance interoperability between connected devices from both groups, enabling the full operating potential of IoT and representing a significant step towards a connected ecosystem.
Oct. 22, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,141
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 22, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,605
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 22, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 885
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 22, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 799
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 22, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,143
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,485
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 953
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,929
The IoT industry is now at a crossroads, between the fast-paced innovation of technologies and the pending mass adoption by global enterprises. The complexity of combining rapidly evolving technologies and the need to establish practices for market acceleration pose a strong challenge to global enterprises as well as IoT vendors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Smith, senior product manager for Numerex, will discuss how Numerex, as an experienced, established IoT provider, has embraced a ...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 935
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 867
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 983
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will w...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,201
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,412
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,218
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 33,896
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,982
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,200
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 363
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,620
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining senso...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 280