|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 09:01 AM EST||
ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Delivering the future of business analytics, Pentaho Corporation today announced several leading industry analyst firms have recognized Pentaho's complete data integration and business analytics platform as one of the most comprehensive and high-performing solutions available today.
Pentaho Business Analytics, which includes the industry's first instant big data discovery application, unifies data integration and business analytics capabilities into a single modern, highly-embeddable platform.
Comprehensive research carried out by leading analyst firms found Pentaho Business Analytics to excel in total cost of ownership (TCO), return on investment (ROI), robust functionality, agility and overall performance for big data, OEM and enterprise users. In-depth analysis on Pentaho Business Analytics appears in the following reports:
- Nucleus Research Analytics Technology Value Matrix, Second Half 2012;
- Gleanster Gleansight Agile Business Intelligence Q4 2012;
- Ventana Research 2012 Leadership Awards, Social Media Winner – BeachMint
- Ventana Research Value Index – Business Intelligence – 2012;
- Montclair Advisors 2012 Global SaaS Top 250;
- BARC Research BI Survey 2012.
"The demand for more interactive, nimble and instant analysis is accelerating as enterprises and OEMs push to turn large amounts of varied types of data into smarter, more effective business decisions," said Rosanne Saccone, chief marketing officer at Pentaho Corporation. "Pentaho Business Analytics meets this growing need and solves the challenge of how to quickly and easily access and analyze ever-escalating volumes of data. We continue to receive industry accolades and achieve customer success because of our unified, comprehensive data integration and business analytics platform."
Analyst Report Highlights:
- Pentaho is cited as an "Expert" in Nucleus Research's Analytics Technology Value Matrix report for deep investments in its comprehensive, sophisticated business analytics functionalities. Nucleus also noted that Pentaho's business analytics platform has provided proven value as a software provider for a Nucleus Research 2012 ROI Award. The report evaluates vendors that answer the market's growing demand for more frequent analytics input, increased insight from external data sources, improved guidance and accelerated business decisions. The Value Matrix assesses solutions that provide both usable and functional solutions in four core analytics areas: business intelligence (BI), performance management (PM), predictive analytics, and big data.
- Gleanster's recent Gleansight benchmark report titled, "Agile Business Intelligence (BI)," is a comprehensive look at how more than 300 top performers are using Agile BI to enable continuous, iterative, on-demand reporting, empower non-IT professionals with data access and drive faster, smarter business decisions. According to the report's authors Research Director Jeff Zabin and Principal Analyst Tim O'Brien, "Pentaho's BI solutions have received widespread accolades for their ability to enable agile decision-making. Pentaho's flexible deployment options make the solution a good fit for organizations of all sizes and in varying environments."
- Pentaho customer BeachMint, a forward-thinking online retailer, won the Ventana Research 2012 Leadership Award in the social media category for its innovative use of Facebook and Twitter data for operational advantage. BeachMint uses Pentaho to help keep close tabs on its large Facebook and Twitter communities, tracking data such as fans, likes, favorites, customer product reviews and comments to improve marketing campaign effectiveness. Read about the company's success with Pentaho at: BeachMint's Big Data Deployment a Breeze with Pentaho.
- Ranked in the top category, Ventana Research's Business Intelligence Value Index named Pentaho a "Hot Vendor," excelling in the customer assurance grid for vendor validation, total cost of ownership and return on investment. Using the Ventana Research Value Index for Business Intelligence 2012, IT organizations evaluate business intelligence software offerings more rapidly and accurately, allowing buyers to make choices based on a deeper understanding of how these offerings can address their specific requirements.
- Montclair Advisors recognized Pentaho as a member of the 2012 global SaaS Top 250 company listing. Pentaho was selected for being a leader in the pure and hybrid SaaS categories globally, joining other notable public SaaS firms such as Salesforce.com, Netsuite and Workday. "Pentaho, like all 2012 SaaS 250 companies, has excelled in developing innovative products which has resulted in their spectacular growth over the past few years," said Kevin Dobbs, Managing Partner at Montclair Advisors. "Montclair Advisors congratulates Pentaho for its remarkable SaaS achievements."
- Pentaho came in first in BARC Research's BI Survey 2012 among the OLAP Analysis vendors peer group in three categories: user recommendation, proportion of employees index, and cloud BI. With nearly 3,000 responses, BARC Research's report is the world's largest independent survey of BI users. In the pinnacle category "recommendation," Pentaho ranked first not only among OLAP Analysis vendors, but also among SME project vendors, showing that its customers across many different industries are happy with Pentaho Business Analytics and would recommend it to other users.
- Try Pentaho Business Analytics now - experience the power of Pentaho Business Analytics today.
- Join the conversation – follow @Pentaho, read our blog, join our LinkedIn and Facebook groups.
About Pentaho Corporation
Pentaho is delivering the future of big data business analytics. Pentaho's open source heritage drives our continued innovation in a modern, integrated, embeddable platform built for the future of analytics, including diverse and big data requirements. Pentaho is the only vendor that provides a full big data analytics solution that supports the entire big data analytics process, from data integration through interactive data visualization, exploration and predictive analytics. Pentaho natively supports Apache Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB as well as high performance analytic databases like Greenplum and Vertica, among other big data sources. Learn more and download for free at pentahobigdata.com/download.
SOURCE Pentaho Corporation
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,591
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 6, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,093
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 6, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,308
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 6, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,504
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 6, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,423
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 802
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 6, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 664
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 6, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,077
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 6, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,526
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 6, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,347
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 6, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,431
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 6, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,449
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 6, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,276
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 6, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,496
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 5, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,387
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 5, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 808
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 5, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 781
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,353
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,380
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,668